[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Brewing Forum • View topic - Festival contribution BIAB #9 Voodoo Doll

Festival contribution BIAB #9 Voodoo Doll

Tell us what you are brewing, show us your methods, and remember we like pictures

Festival contribution BIAB #9 Voodoo Doll

Postby martindisorder » Sun Apr 26, 2015 16:38

Going to get my festival contribution brewed on Tuesday all being well
Aiming for an American Brown Ale will be my first time treating my water! Going to liquor back to 23l

martindisorder
Brewer

Re: Festival contribution BIAB #9 Voodoo Doll

Postby robwalker » Sun Apr 26, 2015 18:26

looks great! let's get pissed! :D
robwalker
Brewer

Postby martindisorder » Sun Apr 26, 2015 18:36

After i have liquored back it should drop og down to 1.052 so aiming for a 5.5% so not quite as potent as i first lead to believe haha
martindisorder
Brewer

Postby martindisorder » Wed Apr 29, 2015 09:15

A day later than i planned due to my delivery not arriving in time to brew yesterday. I got up nice and early to start brewing my festival contribution!

Obligatory grain shot
Mashed in bang on the money
Hops ready to go!

90 minute mash followed by a 7l dunk sparge then onto a 90min boil!
martindisorder
Brewer

Postby Mr Squiffy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:29

Looks good that, what about adding another 25g each or so of Amarillo and Citra as a dry hop, delicious. :cheers1:

'On victory, you deserve beer, in defeat, you need it' :drink: Napoleon.
Mr Squiffy
Brewer

Postby martindisorder » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:37

Im still in two minds about the dry hop. However every one i have shown the recipe too has been pro dry hop. Think i may have to go with the 25g of each as you suggested
martindisorder
Brewer

Postby martindisorder » Wed Apr 29, 2015 14:22

Got 23.5l of 1.052 wort into the fermentor so bang on what i was aiming for! It has been the best smelling brew day i have done to date kept getting big whiffs of fresh lime!
martindisorder
Brewer

Postby martindisorder » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:55

Thought i would bump this as i got some fantastic feedback about this beer at the festival and few people asked about recipe.

I did dry hop this with 20g Each of citra and amerillo.

So happy my beer went down well made me unbelievably proud with a well stroked ego! Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback
martindisorder
Brewer

Postby robwalker » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:58

Did you find your water treatment made much difference Martin? I was impressed at the lack of off flavours in your beer.
robwalker
Brewer

Postby martindisorder » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:09

Um im not sure i do think so it was the first time i made this beer. I will say it had better mouth feel than other beers i have made and also most of my beers have a slight twang to them that this didn't that i belive comes down to me adjusting alkalinity
martindisorder
Brewer

Postby krazypara3165 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:11

Bookmarked this thread as I defiantly want to try this one!

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Postby Mr Squiffy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:22

It was a delicious brew, feedback well deserved, well done. :drink:

'On victory, you deserve beer, in defeat, you need it' :drink: Napoleon.
Mr Squiffy
Brewer

Postby cyclops » Tue Feb 09, 2016 18:03

Plan on ordering some ingredients later on to try this, was a fantastic beer at the festival last year :)

Cheap Toys and Games at
cyclops
Brewer

Postby robwalker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 18:46

Arses! I thought Martin was brewing this again for the festival when I saw the topic. I think we should launch a petition.
robwalker
Brewer

Postby serum » Tue Feb 09, 2016 21:10

I have to say I much prefer the amber or brown hoppy American style beers to the ones with just pale malt. That looks like a winner.

FV - Blond Biere de Garde
Bottled: Altbier, XX Bitter
Planned: Amber Saison, Spelt Saison
serum
Brewer

Postby Dennis King » Tue Feb 09, 2016 21:18

Dennis King

Postby martindisorder » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34

martindisorder
Brewer

Postby cyclops » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:54

Cheap Toys and Games at
cyclops
Brewer

Postby Dennis King » Thu Feb 11, 2016 14:48

Dennis King

Postby martindisorder » Thu Feb 11, 2016 15:02

I did re-brew this for my wedding and that batch came second in dark americal ales class at the national home brew competition Image *stops blowing own trumpet*

Now im not going to promise anything but if i have a keg emptied up in time i will brew a batch to bring along however my priority is the new beer i would like to make for the festival and i have a grapefruit apa in the planning to keep my wife happy. So keg depending it could happen.

Thanks for all the positive comments.
martindisorder
Brewer