[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Brewing Forum • View topic - SSR for boil control

SSR for boil control

Postby AFewTooMany » Thu Feb 28, 2019 09:26

Hi all,

Looking to setup some form of boil control for 2x 2.4kw elements in my 100L boiler. I can't decide between the simplicity of solid state voltage regulars with 500kohm pots or a pwm controlled standard ssr.

Does anyone have any experience with solid state voltage regulators such as ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Work is the curse of the drinking classes
AFewTooMany
Brewer

Re: SSR for boil control

Postby Aleman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:07

Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby AFewTooMany » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:31

Going to control each element with a seperate ssr and power supply as I have 2 ring mains within easy reach. I already use a PID controlled SSR for HERMS so thinking I'll have a switched control source (PID or PWM) for one element and second element with just PWM. I would only need to pick up another heat sink and build the two PWM circuits which is the cheapest option for me.

Cheers for the suggestion, but it is a bit more cash than I was hoping to spend

Work is the curse of the drinking classes
AFewTooMany
Brewer

Postby BigYin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 19:36

Your post reminded me to go to my PID build thread -

The image links were knackered, so I've spent an entertaining time fixing all of them, and also realized that PID unit has now been doing service for 9 years! :cheers:
BigYin
Brewer

Postby Oldstunty » Sun Mar 17, 2019 22:07

Fantastic 'how to' Big Yin :thumb: :thumb:

I enjoy a glass of wine each night for its health benefits. The other glasses are for my witty comebacks and flawless dance moves.
Oldstunty
Brewer