USA Kegs

Postby Buster » Fri May 11, 2018 19:08

I have often wondered if USA kegs are legal to own in the UK. I am interested in buying 2 Sankey D type 18 litre ones I have seen for sale over there but not sure about the legal side of things once they arrived in the UK. Anyone shed any light ?

"Where are you from" asked the man....."Swindon" I replied......"What part" he said...."Well, all of me" I replied.
Buster
Brewer

Re: USA Kegs

Postby secla » Sat May 12, 2018 00:49

I would imagine the price of shipping + import fees wouldnt make it worth it, you can buy 20l new kegs for £80 each or so from brewuk

But yes there legal to own if its really that good of a deal
secla
Brewer

Re: USA Kegs

Postby Buster » Sat May 12, 2018 09:30

secla wrote:I would imagine the price of shipping + import fees wouldnt make it worth it, you can buy 20l new kegs for £80 each or so from brewuk

But yes there legal to own if its really that good of a deal

Cheers secla, I had an idea it would be ok. As for BrewUK, they used to sell the 20 litre Crusader Kegs as I had one but they never seem to have them in stock anymore. These 2 USA ones are around the same size and come with the 2 Keg Connectors as well so I might just go for it. :thumb: :hat:

"Where are you from" asked the man....."Swindon" I replied......"What part" he said...."Well, all of me" I replied.
Buster
Brewer