Access to a old english apple Orchard.

Discussions of interest about making wine, cider and other fermented beverages

Re: Access to a old english apple Orchard.

Postby Crastney » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:25

Correct! give that MrBoy a banana!

Global average carbon emissions - one ton per person per year.
Current emissions in UK – 9 tons per person per year!
Eight million tons of plastic dumped into the oceans. Every year!
Crastney
Brewer

Postby Buster » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:48

Any update on this, time has flown by.

"Where are you from" asked the man....."Swindon" I replied......"What part" he said...."Well, all of me" I replied.
Buster
Brewer

Postby Buster » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:07

Shame there is no update, I would of liked to have known how the Cider turned out. I still have plenty of Old Rosie Cider yeast that I cultivated in the fridge if anyone wants any for this year, let me know.

"Where are you from" asked the man....."Swindon" I replied......"What part" he said...."Well, all of me" I replied.
Buster
Brewer

Postby HTH1975 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 13:14

Buster wrote:Shame there is no update, I would of liked to have known how the Cider turned out. I still have plenty of Old Rosie Cider yeast that I cultivated in the fridge if anyone wants any for this year, let me know.

I'd love to try some of that yeast. The batches I did in Nov/Dec used Saf-04, Saf-05 and two 'wild' fermented ones where I left them for a few days to let the yeast kick in from the skins.

2016: 330L brewed (72 gallons, over 8 firkins)
2017: 105L brewed (need to update this figure)
Drinking: Landlord clone
Conditioning: ciders from 2016, hedgerow barrolo, 1914 Courage RIS (10%).
HTH1975
Brewer

Postby Cider-Sim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 20:38

Hi Guys all my times gone into germinating chilli seeds and getting plants ready for the season, the true cider apple trees have all settled well over winter and a couple are getting new buds .
The cider i brewed from the apple orchard is still ageing nicely and none will be opened until the end of summer , all the bottles have cleared nicely and look fantastic but im not going to be tempted.
A couple of trial bottles will go to John ( buster ) as he helped me on my way with some old rosie yeast starter .

Avoid hangovers stay drunk ! :drunk:
Cider-Sim
Brewer

Postby Buster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50

Cider-Sim wrote:Hi Guys all my times gone into germinating chilli seeds and getting plants ready for the season, the true cider apple trees have all settled well over winter and a couple are getting new buds .
The cider i brewed from the apple orchard is still ageing nicely and none will be opened until the end of summer , all the bottles have cleared nicely and look fantastic but im not going to be tempted.
A couple of trial bottles will go to John ( buster ) as he helped me on my way with some old rosie yeast starter .

Thats great news, I am glad the cider is maturing and all has gone well. Good luck with the new orchard and best wishes for this year. :hat:

Buster
Brewer

Postby Buster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:51

HTH1975 wrote:
Buster wrote:Shame there is no update, I would of liked to have known how the Cider turned out. I still have plenty of Old Rosie Cider yeast that I cultivated in the fridge if anyone wants any for this year, let me know.

I'd love to try some of that yeast. The batches I did in Nov/Dec used Saf-04, Saf-05 and two 'wild' fermented ones where I left them for a few days to let the yeast kick in from the skins.

You are more than welcome to some, drop me a PM with your address and I will get some up to you. All the best Buster :hat:

Buster
Brewer

Postby Buster » Fri Jan 19, 2018 14:38

Buster wrote:
Cider-Sim wrote:Hi Guys all my times gone into germinating chilli seeds and getting plants ready for the season, the true cider apple trees have all settled well over winter and a couple are getting new buds .

Thats great news, I am glad the cider is maturing and all has gone well. Good luck with the new orchard and best wishes for this year. :hat:

Oh well, still waiting for the 2 bottles, sometimes you loose faith but would of liked to know how it all turned out after my effort. :whistle:

Buster
Brewer

Postby Cider-Sim » Fri Jan 19, 2018 14:47

Buster wrote:
Buster wrote:

Oh well, still waiting for the 2 bottles, sometimes you loose faith but would of liked to know how it all turned out after my effort. :whistle:
And 2 bottles as promised will be mailed. There all nicely conditioned now.
Still got the orchard and did 2 brews end of last season, there now cool conditioning.

Will be posted this week.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Cider-Sim
Brewer

Postby Cider-Sim » Tue Jan 23, 2018 13:14

Buster wrote:

Just gone through all our old messages John cannot find your adddress anywhere , sure you give me it , can you PM me please ASAP.
Got you a package made up ready to go .... Through in a mild chilli jam i make as a little taster for you and appreciation of your patience. :hat:
Soon as i here from you i,ll mail you..... :cheers1:
Sim

Cider-Sim
Brewer

Postby Buster » Tue Jan 30, 2018 16:23

Cider-Sim wrote:
Buster wrote:

Just gone through all our old messages John cannot find your adddress anywhere , sure you give me it , can you PM me please ASAP.
Got you a package made up ready to go .... Through in a mild chilli jam i make as a little taster for you and appreciation of your patience. :hat:
Soon as i here from you i,ll mail you..... :cheers1:
Sim

Arrived this morning, thank you so much. All 3 bottles are in the cooler and the Wife was really impressed with the Mango and Kiwi Chilli Jam. She wondered if you would PM me the recipe. If you want anymore Old Rosie yeast let me know as I have a fresh lot in the fridge. All the best Buster :hat:

Buster
Brewer

Postby Cider-Sim » Tue Jan 30, 2018 17:37

Buster wrote:

Arrived this morning, thank you so much. All 3 bottles are in the cooler and the Wife was really impressed with the Mango and Kiwi Chilli Jam. She wondered if you would PM me the recipe. If you want anymore Old Rosie yeast let me know as I have a fresh lot in the fridge. All the best Buster :hat:

Glad it got there safe and sound Buster, and hope it hits the pallet. I think the cider a perfect partner for scorching hot curry. Cools the tongue if I give her indoors the jam recipe you know I have to kill her he he he.
Will pm it you... There's just enough heat to the kiwi jam to tingle your lips, I put a teaspoon in porridge when it's really cold outside.
Appreciate your patience, and I, ll update the country orchard thread a lot more the end of the season, when it's time to " press "
Have fun don't get too drunk and take it easy.
Sim

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Cider-Sim
Brewer

Postby Cider-Sim » Wed Jul 04, 2018 16:04

Just a small update, just fermented a 23 litre brew buddy cider kit but with a twist, I added 3 pints of freshly picked elder flowers all forked off the stems and added in a fine mesh bag and left in the fermentation bucket for the full fermentation.
I let it go for 2weeks, measured end sg 1.002. Bottled and primed today and now stood in a warmish room for a few days.
Certainly the cleanest best smelling cider iv brewed so far.
Once it goes in a dark chilled room it will be left to condition for 12 - 18months.
Thanks for looking in.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Cider-Sim
Brewer

Previous