[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Brewing Forum • View topic - Graham Wheeler Guinness as my Ag#6

Graham Wheeler Guinness as my Ag#6

IPA, Pale Ales And Bitters, Mild, Brown Ales, Old Ale, Porter & Stouts etc

Graham Wheeler Guinness as my Ag#6

Postby wolvesbrew » Wed Jan 07, 2015 13:22

My 6th grain brew this weekend and as been as i just recie my copy of Grahams book im opting to try the Guinness recipe.

Has anyone tried this and what do you think, are there any alterations i can do to improve or shall i just trust the recipe?
wolvesbrew
Brewer

Re: Graham Wheeler Guinness as my Ag#6

Postby Monte Cristo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 13:45

I did this recipe as my second AG brew and it turned out really good, i would go with the recipe and then maybe tweak it later if you feel it needs it. I was surprised at how much like Guinness it was, If i remember correctly i think i mashed a bit high at 69c so it may have come out a little thicker than it should have but everyone i gave one to loved it!
guinness.jpg
guinness.jpg (8.64 KiB) Viewed 5774 times
Monte Cristo
Brewer

Postby INDIAPALEALE » Wed Jan 07, 2015 13:59

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin
INDIAPALEALE
Brewer

Postby Monte Cristo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 14:25

Oh and by the way i used Mangrove jacks M07 yeast for mine. :hat:
Monte Cristo
Brewer

Postby Inneed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 16:28

I had a look at GW's recipe and also hunted around a few forums for advice. It seems that there is quite a healthy debate on the ratio of flaked barley to roasted barley. I went for something of a middle ground, a bit heavier on the roasted barley than GW I think, and am super chuffed with the result.
Inneed
Brewer

Postby mark1964 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 16:56

Ive done the wheeler recipe a few times. Ill be doing it again but with a progress hop addition too

ITS TIME 4 ANOTHER BEER
mark1964
Brewer

Postby ArmChair » Tue Feb 03, 2015 18:34

I would swap the target for bullion, as that's is what I believe guinness use.
ArmChair
Brewer

Postby boab44stout » Fri Dec 18, 2015 21:27

I have bullion hops I bought for a Guinness clone and some acid malt
boab44stout
Brewer

Postby Brewzee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 06:59

This is a lovely beer, I made a batch 5 months ago and its been in my shed over winter, I tried really hard not to drink it to soon and Ive been enjoying its evolution from a slightly sweet just primed beer to a much dryer and calm sort of thing. Last month I had brewers remorse about not haveing another batch in the pipeline and repeated it but +50% additional roasted barley. I was looking for even more mature burnt effect, It was like haveing a tun of expresso including that black foamy head a cup of it has. After a week in bottles I tried one and still cant get away from the coffee flavours when decribeing it however its just not smooth enough yet and needs to go out to the shed and be forgotten about. Fingers crossed.
Brewzee
Brewer