[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
The Brewing Forum • View topic - Banks Sunbeam

Banks Sunbeam

IPA, Pale Ales And Bitters, Mild, Brown Ales, Old Ale, Porter & Stouts etc

Banks Sunbeam

Postby Robdob » Sat May 30, 2015 17:14

Does anyone have a recipe for this please? I would really like to try it. I'm guessing Pale malt and wheat malt and maybe porridge oats? What are the best hops for the grapefruit/ citrus flavours.
Cheers, Rob.
Robdob
Brewer

Re: Banks Sunbeam

Postby oz11 » Sat May 30, 2015 17:26

oz11
Brewer

Location: Brewing at the multi-award winning Rockin Robin Brewery

Postby robwalker » Sat May 30, 2015 17:57

One of my favourite beers. Looking forward to seeing how you get on!
robwalker
Brewer

Postby Robdob » Sat May 30, 2015 20:14

Nelson sauvin looks to be as rare as rockin horse poo!!
Robdob
Brewer

Postby Good Ed » Sat May 30, 2015 21:00

You're dead right, I'd like to know where to get them. But nice to see Sunbeam getting some recognition from a great brewery now acting under the Marston's regime.

Here's to the man who drinks strong ale,
and goes to bed quite mellow.
Lives as he ought to live,
and dies a jolly good fellow.
- Old English folk song
Good Ed
Brewer

Postby Titus A Duxass » Sun May 31, 2015 16:54

A SMaSH with MO and Citra comes very close, just brewed one today.
Titus A Duxass
Brewer

Postby robwalker » Sun May 31, 2015 17:45

Yes, for sure. I doubt you'll need more than pale malt to your desired OG, then IBUs to 35 and a dollop of citra/nelson sauvin at the end, maybe 30g pellets in total for this beer? I know it's quite lightly hopped.
robwalker
Brewer

Postby sparkes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 19:22

sparkes
Brewer

Postby wolvesbrew » Wed Aug 05, 2015 18:04

Being a wolves man sunbeam has got to one of my favourites so ill be keeping an on this post.
wolvesbrew
Brewer

Postby Pjam » Wed Aug 05, 2015 19:41

Pjam
Brewer

Postby pittsy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 21:09

Banks's sunbeam is brewed with English hops , fuggels and one of the goldings variety's they tell you on the brewery tour and I've known the chap 30 odd years as it turned out ( retired fireman as is my dad ) He claims they only brew with choc , black , roasted and a pale ale base malt for any of there beers oh and syrup (sugar ) wouldn't let us have any yeast though .
pittsy
Brewer

Postby NickW » Wed Aug 05, 2015 21:17

I wouldn't have said they used english hops in sunbeam. If they do its very well brewed. Although as I remember on the tour, he said they add sugar for sweetness. So I'm not totally sure he knows what he was talking about
NickW
Brewer