New magazine?

Found a good brewing book, tell us what you think about it

New magazine?

Postby tommidolcetto » Fri May 02, 2014 19:02

User avatar
tommidolcetto
Brewer
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:07

Re: New magazine?

Postby Aleman » Fri May 02, 2014 19:35

They dont half make you laugh, 50 page magazine. How many copies I wonder, half a dozen ? who is going to stock them? It doesnt look like it will be anything new.

Two page spread for Chicken stew thats not exactly Cutting edge Micro brewing is it. £5 quid for your name in the first edition and you dont even get a copy of the magazine you have funded, oh wait thats a tenner. LOL

They are only "confident" of producing the first issue, says nothing of the next, errr how many issues? they will more than likely delivery that issue. so thats 10 for the mag 15 for a glass and 25 for a tee shirt, the tee shirt sums it up for me "and"

So far they need 66 magazines 30 glasses and 5 tee shirts. It looks like a plea to the gullible riding on the crest of the home and micro brew wave to me. Yaaaay, come on in the waters great !

I need funding for a conical fermenter? COME ON GUYS be a part of the Brewing revolution thats taking OFF in Blackpool DONT MISS OUT, GET IN THE SCENE.

I need funding to Raise £2250 for a beautifully engineered piece (Insert picture here)

As we are all different and some are more gullible than others a limit has been placed on the availability of this EXCLUSIVE ONE TIME ONLY OFFER

£10 Thanks
£50 pound gets you name written inside the fermenting cupboard in chalk. Limited to 30
£100 pound gets your name written inside the fermenting cupboard in PERMENANT marker. limited to 20
£250 pound gets you a signed photo of the conical INCLUDING all of the above. ONLY 10 PLACES REMAINING
£500 gets you ALL of the ABOVE PLUS 1 330ml bottle of the exclusive initiation brew beer. THESE ARE GOING FAST 5 left.

Sorry but I have my cynical head on :cheers1:

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
User avatar
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer
 
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 00:28
Location: Mashing In Blackpool, Lancs, UK

Re: New magazine?

Postby tommidolcetto » Fri May 02, 2014 20:44

Aleman wrote:They dont half make you laugh, 50 page magazine. How many copies I wonder, half a dozen ? who is going to stock them? It doesnt look like it will be anything new.

Two page spread for Chicken stew thats not exactly Cutting edge Micro brewing is it. £5 quid for your name in the first edition and you dont even get a copy of the magazine you have funded, oh wait thats a tenner. LOL

They are only "confident" of producing the first issue, says nothing of the next, errr how many issues? they will more than likely delivery that issue. so thats 10 for the mag 15 for a glass and 25 for a tee shirt, the tee shirt sums it up for me "and"

So far they need 66 magazines 30 glasses and 5 tee shirts. It looks like a plea to the gullible riding on the crest of the home and micro brew wave to me. Yaaaay, come on in the waters great !

I need funding for a conical fermenter? COME ON GUYS be a part of the Brewing revolution thats taking OFF in Blackpool DONT MISS OUT, GET IN THE SCENE.

I need funding to Raise £2250 for a beautifully engineered piece (Insert picture here)

As we are all different and some are more gullible than others a limit has been placed on the availability of this EXCLUSIVE ONE TIME ONLY OFFER

£10 Thanks
£50 pound gets you name written inside the fermenting cupboard in chalk. Limited to 30
£100 pound gets your name written inside the fermenting cupboard in PERMENANT marker. limited to 20
£250 pound gets you a signed photo of the conical INCLUDING all of the above. ONLY 10 PLACES REMAINING
£500 gets you ALL of the ABOVE PLUS 1 330ml bottle of the exclusive initiation brew beer. THESE ARE GOING FAST 5 left.

Sorry but I have my cynical head on :cheers1:


Come on Aleman get off the fence.
User avatar
tommidolcetto
Brewer
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:07

Re: New magazine?

Postby graysalchemy » Fri May 02, 2014 20:50

Whoever has edited that doesn't know much about brewing..............or design by the look of it. i think it is a mock up just to get 3 grand out of a load of mugs, and by the looks of it all the T shirt samples etc were blagged for free by having a ink to someone else's page as well.

Count me out

Image
User avatar
graysalchemy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5646
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:47
Location: Purgatory

Re: New magazine?

Postby tommidolcetto » Fri May 02, 2014 21:07

graysalchemy wrote:Whoever has edited that doesn't know much about brewing..............or design by the look of it. i think it is a mock up just to get 3 grand out of a load of mugs, and by the looks of it all the T shirt samples etc were blagged for free by having a ink to someone else's page as well.

Count me out


Having started this thread I thought I better read the article!!
Yeah, pile of c*ap. Anything that claims a 'curated collection' of something deserves to fail.

Pity as I would buy a decent mag on the subject. Does anybody rate the American one? Craft Brewer and something or other?
User avatar
tommidolcetto
Brewer
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:07

Re: New magazine?

Postby graysalchemy » Fri May 02, 2014 21:21

I sign up to the BYO newsletters. Quite good and the archive is pretty comprehensive, obviously not as good as being a paid subscriber. :thumb:

Image
User avatar
graysalchemy
Moderator
 
Posts: 5646
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:47
Location: Purgatory

Re: New magazine?

Postby Oldstunty » Sat May 03, 2014 20:06

tommidolcetto wrote:
Aleman wrote:They dont half make you laugh, 50 page magazine. How many copies I wonder, half a dozen ? who is going to stock them? It doesnt look like it will be anything new.

Two page spread for Chicken stew thats not exactly Cutting edge Micro brewing is it. £5 quid for your name in the first edition and you dont even get a copy of the magazine you have funded, oh wait thats a tenner. LOL

They are only "confident" of producing the first issue, says nothing of the next, errr how many issues? they will more than likely delivery that issue. so thats 10 for the mag 15 for a glass and 25 for a tee shirt, the tee shirt sums it up for me "and"

So far they need 66 magazines 30 glasses and 5 tee shirts. It looks like a plea to the gullible riding on the crest of the home and micro brew wave to me. Yaaaay, come on in the waters great !

I need funding for a conical fermenter? COME ON GUYS be a part of the Brewing revolution thats taking OFF in Blackpool DONT MISS OUT, GET IN THE SCENE.

I need funding to Raise £2250 for a beautifully engineered piece (Insert picture here)

As we are all different and some are more gullible than others a limit has been placed on the availability of this EXCLUSIVE ONE TIME ONLY OFFER

£10 Thanks
£50 pound gets you name written inside the fermenting cupboard in chalk. Limited to 30
£100 pound gets your name written inside the fermenting cupboard in PERMENANT marker. limited to 20
£250 pound gets you a signed photo of the conical INCLUDING all of the above. ONLY 10 PLACES REMAINING
£500 gets you ALL of the ABOVE PLUS 1 330ml bottle of the exclusive initiation brew beer. THESE ARE GOING FAST 5 left.

Sorry but I have my cynical head on :cheers1:


Come on Aleman get off the fence.


Spit it out man, tell us what you mean.

I enjoy a glass of wine each night for its health benefits. The other glasses are for my witty comebacks and flawless dance moves.
User avatar
Oldstunty
Brewer
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 21:47
Location: On my sofa, in front of the telly.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest