Alemans Effin Erdinger Recipe

Belgian Beers, Saisons, Wheat beers, Bierre de garde, Sour beers, Fruit Beers etc

Re: Alemans Effin Erdinger Recipe

Postby Aleman » Fri May 16, 2014 07:56

Won't drop enough yeast . . .well it will if you leave it to long, but you don't need to do that. Real wheat yeasts don't flocculate all that well . . .even if you crash cool . . .I normally leave it 24-36 hours before bottling.

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby RidleyRumpus » Mon May 19, 2014 18:14

What would you recommend using as a primer? How much per 500ml bottle?

Sorry I am new to bottling as I have always used kegs in the dim and distant past (IIRC I used white sugar then) and since restarting a year or so ago I do AG and keg in a corny have not primed.
RidleyRumpus
Brewer

Postby Aleman » Mon May 19, 2014 21:25

White sugar /12 a tsp per 500ml bottle . . .75-100g to a 5 gallon keg

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby RidleyRumpus » Fri Jun 06, 2014 22:53

OK. brewed and bottled for the last 2 weeks.

I have just tried a bottles and it tastes nice thogh it really does not seem to have much in the way of a head. I wonder it I have added enough priming sugar. Should I add some more?
RidleyRumpus
Brewer

Postby RidleyRumpus » Wed Jun 11, 2014 00:49

bump
RidleyRumpus
Brewer

Postby jkp » Wed Jun 11, 2014 02:43

Other than not having much of a head, is it fizzy? Is it head formation or head retention that is the problem? How much priming sugar did you use? Did you cold condition it?

jkp
Brewer

Previous