Page 1 of 1

Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:00
by KevinS
In case anyone missed it, Marble have released the recipe for two versions of Dobber. Always a lovely beer :cheers:

http://www.marblebeers.com/historicbrews/dobber-recipe/

Quite surprised at the recipe to be honest!

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:17
by GrowlingDog
I'm sure some of the decimal points must be in the wrong places.

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:33
by KevinS
GrowlingDog wrote:I'm sure some of the decimal points must be in the wrong places.


There is also 0.5% of grain missing somewhere... :whistle:

I personally would have never of guessed chinook though, surprised by that!

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:51
by GrowlingDog
It's a long while since I have drunk Dobber so can't really remember it too well, apart from the fact it was one of my favourite beers in the line up. I used to drink loads of it while I was working up in Manchester with Co Op as the hotel I was staying in was just up the road from the Marble Arch.

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:58
by KevinS
GrowlingDog wrote:It's a long while since I have drunk Dobber so can't really remember it too well, apart from the fact it was one of my favourite beers in the line up. I used to drink loads of it while I was working up in Manchester with Co Op as the hotel I was staying in was just up the road from the Marble Arch.


Its a lovely pub! I have been only the once, when visiting a friend, but loved it. Good food, good atmosphere - and great beer. Without any air of stuffiness or pretention

If only we got more of them down here in Bristol!

There recipe for Manchester Bitter can also be found in this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Brew-hom ... 0711237336

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:50
by f00b4r
KevinS wrote:
GrowlingDog wrote:It's a long while since I have drunk Dobber so can't really remember it too well, apart from the fact it was one of my favourite beers in the line up. I used to drink loads of it while I was working up in Manchester with Co Op as the hotel I was staying in was just up the road from the Marble Arch.


Its a lovely pub! I have been only the once, when visiting a friend, but loved it. Good food, good atmosphere - and great beer. Without any air of stuffiness or pretention

If only we got more of them down here in Bristol!

There recipe for Manchester Bitter can also be found in this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Brew-hom ... 0711237336


Just grabbed that book myself, have you seen the Wierd Beard imperial best bitter in it? It's very similar to the JBK Wee Bee recipe but even more special b.

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 21:21
by harry_mac
KevinS wrote:In case anyone missed it, Marble have released the recipe for two versions of Dobber. Always a lovely beer :cheers:

(link removed)

Quite surprised at the recipe to be honest!

That's a dead link (or at least until the new web site is up).

Does anyone have a copy of the recipe(s) saved somewhere they could share? I would really like to make a clone of this.