Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Want someone to critique one of your recipes? post it here. Want a recipe for a particular style, ask here.

Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Postby KevinS » Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:00

In case anyone missed it, Marble have released the recipe for two versions of Dobber. Always a lovely beer :cheers:

http://www.marblebeers.com/historicbrews/dobber-recipe/

Quite surprised at the recipe to be honest!
User avatar
KevinS
Brewer
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 15:51
Location: Bristol

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Postby GrowlingDog » Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:17

I'm sure some of the decimal points must be in the wrong places.
User avatar
GrowlingDog
Admin
 
Posts: 3456
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 13:38
Location: Cycling around Essex

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Postby KevinS » Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:33

GrowlingDog wrote:I'm sure some of the decimal points must be in the wrong places.


There is also 0.5% of grain missing somewhere... :whistle:

I personally would have never of guessed chinook though, surprised by that!
User avatar
KevinS
Brewer
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 15:51
Location: Bristol

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Postby GrowlingDog » Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:51

It's a long while since I have drunk Dobber so can't really remember it too well, apart from the fact it was one of my favourite beers in the line up. I used to drink loads of it while I was working up in Manchester with Co Op as the hotel I was staying in was just up the road from the Marble Arch.
User avatar
GrowlingDog
Admin
 
Posts: 3456
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 13:38
Location: Cycling around Essex

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Postby KevinS » Wed Jun 15, 2016 13:58

GrowlingDog wrote:It's a long while since I have drunk Dobber so can't really remember it too well, apart from the fact it was one of my favourite beers in the line up. I used to drink loads of it while I was working up in Manchester with Co Op as the hotel I was staying in was just up the road from the Marble Arch.


Its a lovely pub! I have been only the once, when visiting a friend, but loved it. Good food, good atmosphere - and great beer. Without any air of stuffiness or pretention

If only we got more of them down here in Bristol!

There recipe for Manchester Bitter can also be found in this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Brew-hom ... 0711237336
User avatar
KevinS
Brewer
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 15:51
Location: Bristol

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Postby f00b4r » Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:50

KevinS wrote:
GrowlingDog wrote:It's a long while since I have drunk Dobber so can't really remember it too well, apart from the fact it was one of my favourite beers in the line up. I used to drink loads of it while I was working up in Manchester with Co Op as the hotel I was staying in was just up the road from the Marble Arch.


Its a lovely pub! I have been only the once, when visiting a friend, but loved it. Good food, good atmosphere - and great beer. Without any air of stuffiness or pretention

If only we got more of them down here in Bristol!

There recipe for Manchester Bitter can also be found in this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Brew-hom ... 0711237336


Just grabbed that book myself, have you seen the Wierd Beard imperial best bitter in it? It's very similar to the JBK Wee Bee recipe but even more special b.
User avatar
f00b4r
Brewer
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 19:54
Location: Berlin

Re: Marble Dobber - official recipe(s)

Postby harry_mac » Mon Nov 21, 2016 21:21

KevinS wrote:In case anyone missed it, Marble have released the recipe for two versions of Dobber. Always a lovely beer :cheers:

(link removed)

Quite surprised at the recipe to be honest!

That's a dead link (or at least until the new web site is up).

Does anyone have a copy of the recipe(s) saved somewhere they could share? I would really like to make a clone of this.
User avatar
harry_mac
Brewer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 21:11


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests