connecting beer engine to under counter chiller

Discuss all things about brewing beer

connecting beer engine to under counter chiller

Postby krazypara3165 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:27

As above, whats the best way to go around doing this? Ive just ordered 3/8 line do I just push it straight on and clamp it or is there a connection I need to buy?

For the record....... I know sending ale through a chiller is blasphemy! However, I will only be running the beer engines on an outside bar on hot days. the idea is to turn the chiller off 30 mins before serving beer and it will hopefully cool the beer rather than chill it. (well, thats the idea anyway!)

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Re: connecting beer engine to under counter chiller

Postby phettebs » Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:40

Wish I could help. My beer engine runs straight into my kegerator and attaches to the spigot on the polypin. The hose I use just fits right over the barbed end of the engine and the spigot on the poly. I don't even bother with jubilee clips.

Summer Creek Brewery
phettebs
Brewer

Postby krazypara3165 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 13:42

cheers anyway! I'm hoping the 3/8 line just slips over. However, I swear I have seen pictures with quickfit connectors of some type on.

Good to hear your flying over from the US for Festival! its shaping up to be a cracking weekend!

Kegged:

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Postby phettebs » Wed Apr 09, 2014 14:05

Shall I bring a Texas flag over? :lol:

Summer Creek Brewery
phettebs
Brewer

Postby krazypara3165 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 14:15

phettebs wrote:Shall I bring a Texas flag over? :lol:
:rofl:

I'll give the flag a miss! Although my cousin did live in Houstin (is that right?) for a while!

Kegged:

Bottled:

Maturing:

Next Up:
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Postby EvansTheSteam » Wed Apr 09, 2014 14:50

phettebs wrote:Shall I bring a Texas flag over? :lol:

If you do, you'd better find new digs!

Evanvine Brewery
EvansTheSteam
Steam Age Brewer

Postby bobsbeer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 20:40

We could p*ss on it, but that would be disrespectful to the other resident of Texas.
bobsbeer
Brewer