Does anyone sell better taps for pressure barrels?

Discuss all things about brewing beer

Does anyone sell better taps for pressure barrels?

Postby MrBoy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 18:08

My keg has been reliable until this brew, when the tap started leaking. Not from the thread, or the nozzle (I think) but the 'barrel' which allows you to rotate the tap.

My brewfridge has a puddle in it and I have some very stinky towels. I managed to tilt the barrel far enough that the tap is uncovered but the top is also not submerged, while it carbonates, but it is still probably going to end up flat.

Can you buy better quality taps? I normally bottle but Kegging is attractive for convenience and laziness...
MrBoy
Brewer

Re: Does anyone sell better taps for pressure barrels?

Postby robwalker » Tue Jan 15, 2019 13:41

How long have you had it? In reality everything is going to leak at some point, better to just keep spare taps and seals around and check them before kegging.
robwalker
Brewer

Postby FUBAR » Tue Jan 15, 2019 14:01

I have yet to find reliable replacement taps for my PB's they all seem to leak like seives in the exact same spot you mentioned.The trouble being they rotate far,far to easily hence the seal is crap and can't contain even low carbonation .The one's I bought where from Youngs,but soon got returned to the HB shop .

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me- Winston Churchill.
FUBAR
Brewer

Postby Aleman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 14:27

Hamstead Homebrew used to sell some bloody good replacement taps for barrels

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby FUBAR » Tue Jan 15, 2019 20:31

Aleman wrote:Hamstead Homebrew used to sell some bloody good replacement taps for barrels

Brilliant thanks,they look like the sturdy original taps that they stock .

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me- Winston Churchill.
FUBAR
Brewer