maleware warning

Discuss all things about brewing beer

maleware warning

Postby beer buddah » Sat Aug 26, 2017 13:03

Hi guys. I havent been able to access forum in a while due to maleware warnings. I loaded mozilla so can access now by bypassing warning. Im sure there is post already so sorry if its old news. Any info ?
beer buddah
Brewer

Re: maleware warning

Postby Jeltz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 13:31

In summary:
Google says they have detected malware on our site but can't tell us what or where, we've checked and cant find any. We've told them that we can't find any and they've said they think there is but still can't tell us what or where.
Jeltz
Admin

Postby beer buddah » Sat Aug 26, 2017 13:40

Cheers Jeltz,
Is there anything members can do to help like emailing same person or contact in google so we can have this sorted ?
There has to be someone who works in google on the forum also who could help !
beer buddah
Brewer

Postby vacant » Sat Aug 26, 2017 14:11

beer buddah wrote:Cheers Jeltz,
Is there anything members can do to help like emailing same person or contact in google so we can have this sorted ?
There has to be someone who works in google on the forum also who could help !

This started on 10th May. The situation Jeltz describes is a stalemate. There seems to be nothing further to be done from this side. We live with it in the hope that one day an update to Google's robot algorithms corrects this.
vacant
Brewer

Postby The Goatreich » Sun Aug 27, 2017 17:20

Just responded to the other thread, but I might be able to help with some tools I use as part of my trade. Can't promise I'll find anything, but with one of the admins' permission I can give the site a scan and see if anything comes back. I need permission as use of the tools can be classed as hacking without the site owner's say so.

Just give me a shout if you want me to have a go. I'd run it at a non-peak time just in case of any Denial of Service it could potentially cause, although that's unlikely to be honest.
The Goatreich
Brewer

Postby Zod » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:40

Hello all - I haven't logged in for months due to this issue (my browsers simply wouldn't allow me to click through the warnings). Now it seems those warnings have disappeared.

Zod
Brewer

Postby Zod » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:44

Looking through the unread forum posts, activity seems to be way down - I assume because a lot of members had the same problem I had? I literally couldn't tell if the forum was still online.

Maybe an email to all members to give them an update?

Zod
Brewer

Postby Aleman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 16:56

Zod wrote:Maybe an email to all members to give them an update?

Was sent last week ;) . . . Hotmail accounts probably ended up in the spam folder though :(

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby Joe1002 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 20:22

Aleman wrote:

Was sent last week ;) . . . Hotmail accounts probably ended up in the spam folder though :(

Nope, didn't get it at all. I seem to remember we had problems with hotmail accounts when the forum was first set up?

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Joe1002

Postby DaveGillespie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 21:46

I'm Gmail and I didn't get it either. I'd been trying every so often on the off chance.
DaveGillespie
Brewer

Postby GrowlingDog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 22:36

DaveGillespie wrote:I'm Gmail and I didn't get it either. I'd been trying every so often on the off chance.
I'm gmail and i got it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GrowlingDog
Admin

Postby vacant » Fri Sep 08, 2017 08:59

The last email I got was 27th August as I was subscribed to this thread after posting but nothing admin/general related from this forum.

I use zoho.com for forums with a filter to forward to gmail then move to trash (zoho trash deletes emails over a month old, nothing in spam)

My future plans include not much
vacant
Brewer

Postby Zod » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:36

Aleman wrote:

my hotmail has nothing in the junk/spam folder and certainly nothing in the inbox.

Zod
Brewer

Postby f00b4r » Fri Sep 08, 2017 15:49

Nothing in my gmail, including the spam folder.
f00b4r
Brewer