Party Taps

Bottles, Kegs, Casks, Polypins or however you serve your brew.

Party Taps

Postby MattN » Sun Jan 21, 2018 21:22

Evening Folks

Since the back end of last year I have been using Corny kegs with a party tap. Due to the festivities the kegs/beers have only lasted a couple of weeks. I have only cleaned the taps when I have stripped the keg and run cleaner and Starsan through the lines with no problems so far. I expect the kegs to last at lot longer now before refilling. So the question is, how long would you think it is OK to leave a party tap connected without cleaning? and if it is less than a couple of months how do you clean them without a keg as I only have two and both will be in use.

Thanks

Matt
MattN
Brewer

Re: Party Taps

Postby robwalker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 21:45

I would give them a clean after 2 months for sure. Just dismantle, soak in cleaner then rinse out and put them back together. It's just a tap, line and jubilee clip I guess.
robwalker
Brewer

Postby MattN » Sun Jan 21, 2018 22:10

Thanks Rob. Yes it is just the bits that you mentioned but how do you get the liquid through the line without the co2. Please bear in mind that I maybe over looking the completely obviously obvious here.....

Thanks

Matt
MattN
Brewer

Postby abeyptfc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 00:29

I do the same, I keep it connected while serving the same beer, then when empty I clean it the same way as I clean my cornies, rinse with water, soak with hot oxy for a few hours, then rinse with water, then soak with starsan before use. Been doing that for about 6 years with taps, cornies and fv's and never had a problem.
abeyptfc
Brewer

Party Taps

Postby CraftyTim » Tue Jan 23, 2018 00:52

I use party taps also, when cleaning tap and line without keg pressure, I just let the water pressure from my bath tap run water through the line, then force star san down it using a pressure bottle spray before letting it drip off.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy :D
CraftyTim
Brewer

Postby robwalker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 15:26

MattN wrote:Thanks Rob. Yes it is just the bits that you mentioned but how do you get the liquid through the line without the co2. Please bear in mind that I maybe over looking the completely obviously obvious here.....

Thanks

Matt

Dismantling the whole thing will leave you with just a piece of line with nothing on either end. Fill with pbw or similar, then just rinse out under the tap.
robwalker
Brewer

Postby MattN » Tue Jan 23, 2018 17:55

Thank you for your replies, it is appreciated.

Regards

Matt
MattN
Brewer