Dalex tap help needed!

Bottles, Kegs, Casks, Polypins or however you serve your brew.

Dalex tap help needed!

Postby abeyptfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 18:44

Hi Guys how's it going? I've had a Weihenstephan tap font for a while and tried to use it but for some reason I can't get any beer out of it. I've took it all apart and can get beer coming out the end of the thin beer line, but as soon as it goes into the grey JG fitting attached to the tap nothing seems to happen. I tried to get the JG fitting out the tap and it's cracked in half, baws tae that. I've attached a few photos, can anyone advise what sort of tap I need now! cheers!
Right so I've got a disconnect from the corn coming to here and beer comes out. splendid

This is the otherend of the tap and as you can see water is coming out. splendid
So the beer line connects to the JG fitting on the right and from there nothing comes out. As you can see the thread has snapped after I tried to remove it!

Where does Daddy go from here? As you can see in the top pic the tap fits into the hole in the font.
cheers for your help!
abeyptfc
Brewer

Re: Dalex tap help needed!

Postby pittsy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 20:21

There must be a blockage in the broken section , try this https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/?iid=112370512 ... t=0&chn=ps which will lead on to lots more
pittsy
Brewer

Postby abeyptfc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 21:24

cheers Pittsy!
abeyptfc
Brewer

Postby PhatFil » Fri Apr 28, 2017 20:20

been there..

Thats fecked im afraid, get a new one as suggested above, and keep for spares, you should pick up a non flow control tap with nasty branding for a couple of quid, unbranded will cost a bit more. Flow control taps are ok with low to medium conditioned brws served at upto 6-8psi
at circa 8psi+ (on my regs) they become impossible to find the sweet spot, and rather than set once and pour out the keg its a case of fiddle n twist never quite hitting it with every pour.

3/16" microline between the keg and tap provides a simpler less hassle anti fobbing solution imho ;)
PhatFil
Brewer

Postby abeyptfc » Sat Apr 29, 2017 09:45

cheers!
abeyptfc
Brewer

Postby abeyptfc » Sat Apr 29, 2017 20:44

got my tap through today and it's working a treat! cheers for your help guys!
abeyptfc
Brewer