Buying a Pegas "Ecotap"

Bottles, Kegs, Casks, Polypins or however you serve your brew.

Buying a Pegas "Ecotap"

Postby PeeBee » Sun Dec 11, 2016 16:42

I want a means of taking on picnics or to friends (even giving away) bottles of home-brew.

Having looked about a bit, even purchased a Blichmann beer gun clone (old style) and used the stainless-steel "carbonation caps" as bottle fillers, I've concluded I want a "Pegas Ecotap". Everything else just lacks the spontaneity of grabbing a bottle of home-brew and getting out of the house quickish.

There's plenty of recommendations to have one, but how do you get one? You can buy direct from the Lithuanian manufacturer, but the only option there is to "wire" your cash (a reasonable sum too) to an ex-Soviet-block country - just the sort of thing that, in recent history, usually ends up in you being scammed. So there must be safer alternatives?
PeeBee
Brewer

Re: Buying a Pegas "Ecotap"

Postby Goulders » Sun Dec 11, 2016 17:37

Ask Barneey. He had the name of the guy that sells them in Lithuania. If I recall correctly you can pay him via PayPal
Goulders
Brewer

Postby Aleman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 20:16

I've bought from Arturas in Lithuania with no issues . . . I paid by Pay Pal ;) . . . . There is an authorised distributor in Ireland however . . . but the range they carry is limited.

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby PeeBee » Mon Dec 12, 2016 18:11

Thanks all. I haven't got in touch with Arturas in Lithuania yet, but have contacted "Craft Beer Growlers" in Ireland and it's being looked into. I'll keep the thread updated (in case anyone else out there is after one).

A show of supporting numbers and I might be able to persuade a UK online "home-brew" outfit to stock them?
PeeBee
Brewer

Buying a Pegas "Ecotap"

Postby Ciderhead » Mon Dec 12, 2016 23:49

Brace yourself for the price that comes back, I've just ordered a NovoTap from Arturas shipping to Ireland

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.
Ciderhead
Brewer

Re: Buying a Pegas

Postby Aleman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:41

Ciderhead wrote:Brace yourself for the price that comes back, I've just ordered a NovoTap from Arturas shipping to Ireland

Compared to the price from the Irish Distributor :shock: gave me Arturas is positively cheap.

Of course there are Chinese clones / copies available on Alibaba, that are only around 30/40 dollars.

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby PhatFil » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:17

beware of chinese copies, some have been bought and found lacking, comparing like for like with the original the chinese copies proved to be lacking ports through solid bits and a hole where it shouldnt be iirc, so can be drilled and jb-welded into working, iirc there is a write up on Jims detailing the problem and fix..
PhatFil
Brewer

Postby Aleman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:14

While that was indeed the case originally, I think those up for sale now don't require fettling . . . Indeed I've seen the new Ecotap on there which doesn't use that Tap Mixer valve. . . . Just wish I could remember what I was looking for when I saw them . . . Sorry

Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby orlando » Tue Dec 13, 2016 23:09

Aleman wrote:I've bought from Arturas in Lithuania with no issues . . . I paid by Pay Pal ;) . . . . There is an authorised distributor in Ireland however . . . but the range they carry is limited.

I've bought from him twice and introduced him to a number of brewers over the last couple of years, he's as sound as a Euro er no Pound. :rofl:

I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting: Fields Of Gold
Conditioning: Golden Brown, St. Petersburg (RIS)
Drinking: West Coast, Better Than Revenge (Nelson's Revenge Clone),
Up Next:
Planning: Winter drinking beer.
orlando
Brewer

Postby PeeBee » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:22

I think the Irish distributer has grown wise to these price requests - I was simply told they "do not supply the Eco Tap". My request to "info@pegas.lt" (which reached Arturas) is being dealt with more positively and I await the reply.
Thanks all.
PeeBee
Brewer

Buying a Pegas "Ecotap"

Postby Joe1002 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 09:34

orlando wrote:
Aleman wrote:I've bought from Arturas in Lithuania with no issues . . . I paid by Pay Pal ;) . . . . There is an authorised distributor in Ireland however . . . but the range they carry is limited.

I've bought from him twice and introduced him to a number of brewers over the last couple of years, he's as sound as a Euro er no Pound. :rofl:

Another happy chappie here. Arturas was spot on when I dealt with him and they are lovely bits of kit.

Had it have not been for the endorsements of Orlando and a few others I never would have bought from him but I'm glad I did.

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Joe1002

Postby Ciderhead » Thu Dec 15, 2016 14:07

Chrome is the one winging its way to me, not the NovoTap + "Trump" tap that one you can put an extra tap on the front.
Arturas is a great guy to deal with.
I have a Chinese knock off Ecotap, its only ok.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (62.62 KiB) Viewed 1303 times

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.
Ciderhead
Brewer

Postby PeeBee » Thu Dec 15, 2016 18:02

Wait a minute .... 8-) (that's better).
PeeBee
Brewer

Postby PeeBee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:59

Aleman wrote:I've bought from Arturas in Lithuania with no issues ...

orlando wrote:I've bought from him twice and introduced him to a number of brewers over the last couple of years, ...

Ciderhead wrote:... Arturas is a great guy to deal with. ...

Joe1002 wrote:... Another happy chappie here. Arturas was spot on when I dealt with him and they are lovely bits of kit. ...

Arturas has emailed me back to say arturas@fr****s.lt is the address to Paypal to. Does that seem right? He also stressed I'm responsible for the taxes (VAT I presume). Does that seem right too, and do I get automatically stung for VAT (plus charges by the shipping company)?

(Sorry for the "wakeup" post - I'd like to sort this before disapppearing for a couple of weeks this weekend, and I'm trying to tread cautiously when planning to send money abroad).

Last edited by PeeBee on Fri Dec 16, 2016 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
PeeBee
Brewer

Postby Aleman » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:13

You may or may not get caught for VAT and Customs duty when the package comes in . . I didn't, I'm waiting for HMRC to send me a bill and then I'll cough the VAT up :D

Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Buying a Pegas "Ecotap"

Postby Ciderhead » Fri Dec 16, 2016 14:06

I gave him a vat number and used PayPal

Ciderhead
Brewer

Postby PhatFil » Sat Dec 17, 2016 01:36

you can always ask that they declare the contents as a gift on the customs paperwork like oh so many chinese businesses do.

Well I wouldn't have a problem floating the idea ;) but ive been told my morals can be lacking on occasion ;0
PhatFil
Brewer

Buying a Pegas "Ecotap"

Postby Ciderhead » Tue Dec 20, 2016 23:54

5 days later arrived no duties

This thing is solid and built like a brick sh.t house have to wait until 25th to have a proper play with it and mount it.
Thanks to those on here that recommended.

Ciderhead
Brewer

Postby LeeH » Wed Dec 21, 2016 18:20

Can I ask how much you paid? Thanks.
LeeH
Brewer

Postby Ciderhead » Wed Dec 21, 2016 18:53

just email him and ask for a quote freight is different to different locations

Ciderhead
Brewer

Postby PeeBee » Wed Jan 11, 2017 16:34

Ordered a Pegas "Evolution". It was sent last Friday and got here today (Wednesday). About the same time as it took my bank to get my money to them! So despite the bank I could figure out Lithuania isn't on the Moon (ah... perhaps my bank is?).

Didn't go with Paypal because I know they grab a sizable chunk of money off the receiver, but that just meant my bank grabbed a sizeable chunk off me (£9.50 + a rubbish exchange rate) and it was not straightforward setting it up online. Arturas is a fine fellow, though I did manage to mess up his English by me rambling on a bit!

Now to set up this bit of shiny kit...
PeeBee
Brewer

Postby Ciderhead » Thu Jan 12, 2017 03:20

Only got round to making the washer for mine so far, weighs a ton, so gonna have to think about a clever stand to put it on

Ciderhead
Brewer

Postby PeeBee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 14:13

Just to make that (a little) clearer:

"Ciderhead" is talking about the "Novatap", the much flashier version (jealous). I'm talking about the "Evolution" which now has an adjustment for different PET bottles (no idea if it accepts glass bottles). And the "Ecotap", who knows?
PeeBee
Brewer

Postby Ciderhead » Thu Jan 12, 2017 23:36

Yep sorry, you'll need to make a washer I'd say to fill glass

Ciderhead
Brewer

Postby f00b4r » Fri Jan 13, 2017 13:33

PeeBee wrote:Just to make that (a little) clearer:

"Ciderhead" is talking about the "Novatap", the much flashier version (jealous). I'm talking about the "Evolution" which now has an adjustment for different PET bottles (no idea if it accepts glass bottles). And the "Ecotap", who knows?

You need two washers for the evolution, the usual collar one but also a spacer one behind the silicone washer at the top; make sure to remove the later after each use or repassivate it after grinding to size or it will rust.
f00b4r
Brewer

Next