Weldgas Regulator

Bottles, Kegs, Casks, Polypins or however you serve your brew.

Weldgas Regulator

Postby haggis51 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 09:51

Do any of you brewers use a Weldgas nitrogen reg like the one in the photos? I am having trouble trying to find the right JG fitting for the hose end. The one in the photo is part no. P14512F6S with a 3/8" NPTF thread, which does not go on the reg. I think I need a JG part no. P1451213 with a 3/8" BSP thread, but need confirmation from someone as I am just wasting money buying the wrong bits. Been in touch with Weldgas and the co. that sold me the reg, but still waiting for a reply.
PS Don't seem to be able to attach photos, any help here too please?
haggis51
Brewer

Re: Weldgas Regulator

Postby robwalker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 14:49

Pics aren’t there but for my welding reg i needed this

https://copperkettlehomebrewing.co.uk/c ... or-fitting

And a couple of strong wrenches.

Worked fine - bear in mind you won’t get a reading for how much is left in your gas bottle, but that’s not too important as you can do it by weight
robwalker
Brewer

Postby haggis51 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 16:27

robwalker wrote:Pics aren’t there but for my welding reg i needed this

https://copperkettlehomebrewing.co.uk/c ... or-fitting

And a couple of strong wrenches.

Worked fine - bear in mind you won’t get a reading for how much is left in your gas bottle, but that’s not too important as you can do it by weight

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the reply. Shame I can't attach the photos,( maybe one of the admin people will be able to tell me how to attach them). The JG fitting on your link is like the one I have on my CO2 reg, which has a male fitting which screws IN to the reg. As I need one for my Nitrogen reg, it should have a female fitting which screws ON to the reg.
haggis51
Brewer

Postby Pakman » Fri Jul 26, 2019 09:42

haggis51 asked " maybe one of the admin people will be able to tell me how to attach them?"

I'm not admin but to add photos to this forum you need to save them elsewhere on t'internet and then add the link to that location to your post using the 'Img' button at the top of the Full Editor screen.

An example is Image this picture of my old 30L boiler - now long gone.
:hat:
Graham

If they say money cannot buy happiness - then explain motorcycles and beer! :thumb:
Pakman
Brewer

Postby robwalker » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:06

Extensive googling hasn’t returned much - try phoning weldgas (likely they're running from an industrial estate and don’t answer the phone, as is the norm with these sorts of places) or JG directly.
robwalker
Brewer