I wondered where this discussion had gone
Now with all your comments, I wonder if I have made a mistake on the Calcium test (or if there is something wrong with the kit). I know I had the right procedure with the Alk test, because I tested the test vial and got the right reading. The Calcium test was very different, changing colour almost immediately (twice). I can't see how it would have gone wrong, but no harm testing again.
My first idea that something was strange was when I pushed my numbers through Jim's to give me a magnesium estimate, then copied the numbers over to Brun. In Brun, the magnesium number came out in red highlight, and the comment said 30 as the limit, and I was up around 55 or 70 depending on the balance I chose with sulphate. I was learning a lot as I went, and to be honest was far from understanding most of it, but I think I got the general gist.
I'm a bit peeved I bought the 2 kits to put this all behind me and it just seems to have raised a lot more question. Might end up with a full test after all. Here's the filter in the main line of my house. Like I say, I've not changed the filter for a few years.