Has anyone here used styrian wolf hops?

Postby rats_eyes » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:40

HI all. I'm planning a pale ale of some kind and I have a pack of styrian wolf which i'm thinking of using for late additions and a dry hop. I've never used these before but the profile sounds right. Do any of you have any experience with these?
rats_eyes
Brewer

Re: Has anyone here used styrian wolf hops?

Postby Aleman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 22:42

Yep Loved them in an IPA ... With Styrian Dana IIRC

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby rats_eyes » Fri Dec 29, 2017 23:05

Aleman wrote:Yep Loved them in an IPA ... With Styrian Dana IIRC

I might still have the tail end of a pack of Dana in the freezer, maybe this is my chance to finish it off.

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping from the profile I'd read that i might end up with something similar to Fyne Ales Jarl, which has probably been my favourite low abv pale this year. Think i'll brew this on sunday morning.
rats_eyes
Brewer

Postby abeyptfc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 14:18

rats_eyes wrote:

I might still have the tail end of a pack of Dana in the freezer, maybe this is my chance to finish it off.

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping from the profile I'd read that i might end up with something similar to Fyne Ales Jarl, which has probably been my favourite low abv pale this year. Think i'll brew this on sunday morning.

The main hops in Jarl are Citra apparently. I’ve found a recipe online for it, it’s a cracking pint.
abeyptfc
Brewer

Postby Dennis King » Fri Jan 19, 2018 20:27

Just finish drinking my first beer using Styrian Cardinal and have to say it's superb. I thought the same with Dana. Time to check more of the new Styrian hops
Dennis King

Postby rats_eyes » Fri Jan 19, 2018 22:36

I mixed the wolf with the remaining dana hops from my freezer and this is now in a corny with a dry hop .Hopefully it'll be tasting good this time next next week.
rats_eyes
Brewer

Postby rats_eyes » Fri Jan 19, 2018 22:43

abeyptfc wrote:
rats_eyes wrote:

The main hops in Jarl are Citra apparently. I’ve found a recipe online for it, it’s a cracking pint.

It's a great pint right enough. Don't think I've ever had a bad pint from Fyne. The "superior IPA" on cask is a dream as well! My beer's going to be a bit stronger than Jarl, my OG is 1.054, so a bit more body. I'll report back once it's ready.
rats_eyes
Brewer

Postby rats_eyes » Fri Jan 26, 2018 23:46

My styrian wolf / dana pale has now been in a corny for a week or so. Right now it reminds me of a challenger single hop, very herbal, which doesn't really fit the profile. Regardless, i quite like it. We'll see how it develops.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
rats_eyes
Brewer