GP 75 hops

The supporting act

GP 75 hops

Postby Brewzee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 18:56

Im just coming to the end of an 18ltr brew of a light AG pale ale with 100gs of GP 75 split between 60, flameout and dry. Watered with AMS and Gyp and fermeneted in stainless steel with a west coast ale yeast. They were 2016 crop from stocks farm and I used them within 2 weeks of receipt. The beer is almost clear when poured after 10 weeks bottle conditioning. The hops are ok, I was looking for that USA citrus and fruit hit but from an English hop - and it wasnt really there. I want to buy UK hops to replace my dependence on those from abroad like Mosaic, Amarillo, Citra and more. But I still havent found what Im looking for.
Brewzee
Brewer

Re: GP 75 hops

Postby robwalker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 19:31

Never heard of them, sounds interesting. Have you tried jester or olicana yet?
robwalker
Brewer

Postby rlemkin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 21:08

Let us know how you get on. I also got 100g of these the other month from Stock's (http://stocksfarm.net/shop/uncategorize ... ntal-gp75/) and The Home Brew Shop (http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/aca ... -farm.html)

Aromas- very pungent grapefruit, lime & citrus

Aroma score – at least 9/10

Analysis – This is limited, however the following results are;

Alpha Acid: 6.6%

Beta Acid: 5.1%

Co-Humulone: 47%

Given the Co-humulone levels I'll be using this at flame out/dry hop only.
rlemkin
Brewer

Postby Brewzee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 21:49

I thought the flavour profile was very mild, would estimate bitternes at around less than10%aa, it does not say on the stocks farm packaging. Aroma was faintly fruity with a hint of washing up liquid like perfume. If that makes sense. No I have not tried the other 2 hops mentioned, are they any good ? Maybe Im a lost cause Im just dry hopping another pale ale with lemon grass and amarillo hops
Brewzee
Brewer