New cryo hops

The supporting act

New cryo hops

Postby Rolfster » Thu Oct 05, 2017 09:18

Hi all.

Has anyone used the new cry LupuLN2 hops?
I've just got a pack of the citra from the malt miller. I'm excited to see what they are like!

Any other opinions would be interesting!
Rolfster
Brewer

Re: New cryo hops

Postby robwalker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:32

Bash them up in the pack prior to opening, they're extremely sticky. The beers I've had brewed with them have a very dank full on hoppiness, more resinous than before. Use about 1/3 the amount to convential dry hops. Good luck!!
robwalker
Brewer

Postby Rolfster » Thu Oct 05, 2017 19:56

robwalker wrote:Bash them up in the pack prior to opening, they're extremely sticky. The beers I've had brewed with them have a very dank full on hoppiness, more resinous than before. Use about 1/3 the amount to convential dry hops. Good luck!!

Cheers Rob. Helpful as ever!
Rolfster
Brewer

Postby jkp » Sat Oct 07, 2017 17:59

Yeah very sticky! After adding mine as a dry-hop I noticed the inside of the packet was coated with powder. I couldn't resist getting my finger in there and giving it a taste... WOW!

Btw, any opinion on whether they are best used for dry-hop or whirlpool/flameout additions?

jkp
Brewer

Postby Rolfster » Sat Oct 07, 2017 20:27

jkp wrote:Yeah very sticky! After adding mine as a dry-hop I noticed the inside of the packet was coated with powder. I couldn't resist getting my finger in there and giving it a taste... WOW!

Btw, any opinion on whether they are best used for dry-hop or whirlpool/flameout additions?

I got these for dry hopping, my filter gets blocked by pellets.
Rolfster
Brewer