Yorkshire Homebrew

Postby GrahamT » Fri Apr 11, 2014 14:29

I want to give out a shout for Yorkshire Homebrew, who have relocated ABOVE A BREWERY, with a tap room on the way!!!!!! The Brass Castle Brewery in Malton, to be precise. It's right in the centre and a brilliant stop off on a day trip. All grain kits are apparently on the way, to mimic their own brews such as the fantastic vanilla porter Bad Kitty. The house yeasts may be made available with them, TBC...

Plenty of high quality kits and an increasing supply of grains and hops. Owner Matt has his own 5 acre hop plantation, the most Northern in the country.

I dropped in today and was welcomed through the brewery (which was in action) into the shop above by brewer Phil, although our conversation was rather hindered by the presence of my 3 and 6 year olds at my ankles, skirting close to the great assembly of bottled beers among the homebrew supplies. Represented on the bottle side were some of the foremost Yorkshire craft breweries (Revolution, Malllinsons, Bad Seed, Brass Castle) as well as other favourites like The Kernel.

Great guys and really well worth an all-round visit, especially when the tap room opens shortly within the rustic barn-door style building. Would be great for an informal meet up at some point and Malton itself is lovely.

I can't find a direct link for the homebrew shop at the moment, but contact the brewery here (click):it's all the same small place.

Busy in the Summer House Brewery
GrahamT
Brewer