Kegs and Casks supplier

Postby GrowlingDog » Wed Apr 09, 2014 08:51

Looking to move to kegs or casks, then these people do a good range.

http://shop.crusaderkegsandcasks.com/

GrowlingDog
Admin

Re: Kegs and Casks supplier

Postby bobsbeer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 09:32

Really good company to deal with. They get a :thumb: from me.
bobsbeer
Brewer

Postby Joe1002 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 09:52

bobsbeer wrote:Really good company to deal with. They get a :thumb: from me.

+1 on that.

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Joe1002

Postby Aleman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 15:39

I have moved the discussion about the Kegs and Casks and which is best / worst to The General Equipment Discussion Forum

Please keep this forum for links and comments on the supplier / service

please note:The use of punctuation, bold, underlining, italics, and different sized type, follows the convention used in writing, for many years, to place emphasis on the point being made, and to highlight the importance of that point in the opinion of the author. It is not the intention of the author to shout, if that was the case the author would adopt the, much more recent, convention of using all capital letters.
Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aleman
Curmudgeonly Brewer

Postby thedrayman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 19:39

I'd love to be able to invest in some stainless casks for my small venture but funds won't initially allow for it. I'm therefore going to order a dozen plastic casks from Brewery Plastics http://www.breweryplastics.biz/ to get me up-and-running then, as the funds come-in start investing in stainless.
thedrayman
Brewer

Postby Pcpogo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 00:56

thedrayman wrote:I'd love to be able to invest in some stainless casks for my small venture but funds won't initially allow for it. I'm therefore going to order a dozen plastic casks from Brewery Plastics http://www.breweryplastics.biz/ to get me up-and-running then, as the funds come-in start investing in stainless.

Have you had any prices from them?
Pcpogo
Brewer

Postby Springer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 07:25

Pcpogo wrote:

I was wondering about that myself ?
Those stainless ones are far cheaper than I imagined, do they do one or two offs I wonder ?

Thanks for info :D

S

It's a dog life :D
Springer
Brewer

Postby Joe1002 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 08:16

Springer wrote:
Pcpogo wrote:

I was wondering about that myself ?
Those stainless ones are far cheaper than I imagined, do they do one or two offs I wonder ?

Thanks for info :D

S

Yes they do but the shipping is £25 however many you order so obviously the more you order the cheaper the shipping is.

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Joe1002

Postby thedrayman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:55

Here is the 2014 pricelist from Brewery Plastics http://www.newtownbrewery.co.uk/breweryplasticspricelist2014.pdf if you are unable to view the document let me know.

I'm getting a dozen brown firkins with my brewery details lasered onto them so it'll be £30 each for the casks with print; an initial one-off set-up fee of £60 for the lettering and they quoted £42 for delivery (up to 12 casks = a half pallet). On top of that you add VAT, however I believe that if you are registered with HMRC as a brewery you do not pay VAT (so I may register first BEFORE placing the order).
thedrayman
Brewer

Postby Rhys » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:33

thedrayman wrote:I'd love to be able to invest in some stainless casks for my small venture but funds won't initially allow for it. I'm therefore going to order a dozen plastic casks from Brewery Plastics http://www.breweryplastics.biz/ to get me up-and-running then, as the funds come-in start investing in stainless.

Looks from their website. That they no longer do plastic kegs just casks.
Rhys
Brewer

Postby thedrayman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09

Rhys wrote:

Looks from their website. That they no longer do plastic kegs just casks.

It looks that way. The price list came to me about 6 weeks ago, then their website was unavailable for a while. Since it came back online all the information regarding the kegs has been removed. I would, therefore, ignore the pricing for kegs on the price list I posted. I imagine they are making a good-enough living from 9-gallon casks alone judging by the number of their product spotted at beer festivals. I know the CAMRA-bods don't like them but in my situation (in a terraced house) they are quieter than stainless when hammering-home the shives and keystones, and a lot lighter to handle.
thedrayman
Brewer

Postby bobsbeer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:12

thedrayman wrote: On top of that you add VAT, however I believe that if you are registered with HMRC as a brewery you do not pay VAT (so I may register first BEFORE placing the order).

I think you will find you do unless you have also registered for VAT.
bobsbeer
Brewer

Postby thedrayman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:23

bobsbeer wrote:
thedrayman wrote: On top of that you add VAT, however I believe that if you are registered with HMRC as a brewery you do not pay VAT (so I may register first BEFORE placing the order).

I think you will find you do unless you have also registered for VAT.

:thumb: Thanks for that bobsbeer, wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of the VATman. Has your fermenter turned-up yet?
thedrayman
Brewer

Postby bobsbeer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:25

Not yet, but My Hermes says it's out for delivery, so should turn up on Monday. :thumb:
bobsbeer
Brewer

Postby Springer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 20:07

Thanks all for info on above, so where do we source the dip tube fitting for these devices, maybe an alternative to cornies, depending on the price of the fitting :hmm:
S

It's a dog life :D
Springer
Brewer