Elderflower Season!

A designated driver would probably appreciate something made just for them

Elderflower Season!

Postby calumscott » Tue May 27, 2014 11:18

So, I have access to an unlimited (it seems) supply of elderflower again this year, I have kegs, I have gas...

I'm thinking of a fizzy elderflower juice thing like you get for much expensiveness in the shops. On tap. While I have spare taps. Because I haven't brewed any beer. :doh:

Anyone done an elderflower cordial that turned out nice?
calumscott
Admin

Re: Elderflower Season!

Postby Frogfurlong » Tue May 27, 2014 11:25

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1866&hilit=elderflower

A lovely little how to for elderflower cider, this has a recipe for elderflower cordial too :)

People assume that Brewing is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big glass of wibbly wobbly... beery weery... stuff.
Frogfurlong
Brewer

Postby calumscott » Tue May 27, 2014 11:28

Nice one FF! Thank you! :cheers1:
calumscott
Admin

Postby Hawks » Tue May 27, 2014 12:30

Pretty sure I used this one a few years ago - bottled into plastic water bottles and put a few in the freezer ( don't fill then completely and squash slightly before doing the lid up )
Hawks
Brewer

Postby samuelsons_jon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 23:19

It's probably too late now, but if you destalk the heads, then roll them up *tight* in clingfilm to make a nice elderflower log then you can freeze it for a looooong time. That way you can change recipes as you get better.

We pick elderflower to make a presse using lemon juice and water, then carb it. I think we're up to about 10,000 bottles so far - that's a lot of picking!
samuelsons_jon
Brewer