alcotec 48

Trying to get the maximum from your yeast, this is the place to discuss it. Talk about the concentration of alcohol by any means will be removed

alcotec 48

Postby krazypara3165 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 20:50

Anyone used this? A friend is due to use it and add some flavourings. I dont have high hopes haha

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Re: alcotec 48

Postby Moley » Thu Jul 31, 2014 21:00

The '48' is very much intended for that 'D word' thing which we can't discuss here, and from what I've heard it isn't even very good for that. I have certainly never used it myself and will never use it.

If your friend wants a neutral wash which can then be flavoured, then the TD yeast pack which includes activated carbon and an aggressive finings, or the Vodka Star yeast might be a better option. However, these will max. out at 15% abv.
Moley

Postby krazypara3165 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 22:25

Cheers M! Yeah, my friend (or me for that matter) are not interested in that 'D' word.... he has just been brewing kit wines and beers and decided to try something outside the box hes bought the flavourings and has decided to give this a try. I have no doubt this will be a failed experiment but give him kudos for trying. Just thought id see if anyone had tried it :)

Kegged:

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Postby BIGJIM72 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 22:53

Maybe of some use

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=893

The timings are hopelessly optimistic, & TBH it still tastes a bit rank (I started this in April). I haven't carbon filtered or flavoured it.

I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Brewing,baking & grilling up a storm in South London
BIGJIM72
Brewer

Postby krazypara3165 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 00:33

Cheers Jim! He is misguided thinking it will be ready to drink in a week lol.

Kegged:

Bottled:

Maturing:

Next Up:
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink