Raspberryade

Made a great wine or cider post the recipe here, want critique of a recipe, post it here

Raspberryade

Postby kentmark » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:02

Hi all,

I take no credit for this, it was posted on the other place a while ago and seemed very popular. My apologies to the original author, I don't have a note of your name. Many thanks though whoever you are, I really enjoyed this drink, like a fizzy sweet rose. You will need bottles that can take pressure if you want if fizzy (I used 1L PET bottles).

Towicz - Malina syrop owocowy

In asda in the UK I came across this Raspberry drink in the polish (foreign) food aisle.
One of the girls stocking the shelves saw me looking at it and trying to figue out what it was, she told me she loved it so I thought I'd give it a try.
It was only £1 (86p on sale days) a bottle and when I got home I saw it had no preservatives colours or other nasty chemicals in it this combined with the fact I had a spare 5L demi gave me burst of inspiration:

The full 440ml of "Syrop owocowy” ((Raspberry stuff))
4.5L water
400g white sugar
1 flat teaspoon of yeast (youngs super wine yeast is best)
1 teaspoon of yeast nutrient or a good glug of lemon juice (important in this brew else u will be waiting weeks not days)

Its getting colder in my house so took just over a week to ferment out
Racked and bottled and primed with about 45 grams of sugar.
Delicious after about 2 weeks,
Brilliant colour fizz and taste well worth a go.
ABV about 5.5% (use less sugar if you want it any weaker)#

Cheers,

Mark
kentmark
Brewer

Re: Raspberryade

Postby krazypara3165 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07

Cheers for 'liberating this!' The girlfriend has been asking for something like this for a while. I now have no excuses not to try it!

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Postby kentmark » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16

I thought I'd better grab it before I get banned LOL, this is by far my favourite out of all the experimental fruit juice and other wines.
kentmark
Brewer

Postby Bluezephyr » Wed Apr 16, 2014 13:19

Looks interesting, I will look out for it in Asda at the weekend.

Do I just add everything, shake it up with the sugar or boil the water and add the sugar and let it cool?
The lemon juice does the same job as yeast nutrient?
Bluezephyr
Brewer

Postby kentmark » Tue Dec 23, 2014 19:39

I bought a Stella Cidre Raspberry in London the other day for the train home. £1.09 a bottle, just wanted something alcoholic for the train without spending lots. It reminded me a lot of this recipe!
kentmark
Brewer

Postby LeithR » Tue Dec 23, 2014 19:58

If you look around you will also be able to find Strawberry and Cherry syrup as well. I use these to flavour my Ciders which go down well in the family.

Hop Tea - how to

Puppy Slacko 5.9.3 Linux user see HERE for details.

Searching for other planets? Why, this is the only one with beer!
LeithR
Brewer