Apple wine recipe anyone?

Postby MattN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 16:31

Hi folk's

I have got quite a lot of apple juice left over that I intended to use for TC. Anyway I have enough TC now and fancied the idea of an apple wine. I have plenty of WGJ but I'm not sure what proportions to use. I want to make a 20 ltr batch. 

Any suggestions are welcome.

Matt
MattN
Brewer

Re: Apple wine recipe anyone?

Postby Robbo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 16:38

I use 2 litres of apple juice and 1 litre of White Grape for every 4.5 litres of wine along with 1 kilo of sugar.

Apple and white grape is a good combination
Robbo
Brewer

Postby krazypara3165 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 17:17

Robbo wrote:I use 2 litres of apple juice and 1 litre of White Grape for every 4.5 litres of wine along with 1 kilo of sugar.

Apple and white grape is a good combination

I'm glad thats the case as I have an apple and white grape thats due bottling!

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Postby Chippy_Tea » Sun Jun 01, 2014 17:46

MattN wrote:I have got quite a lot of apple juice left over that I intended to use for TC. Anyway I have enough TC now and fancied the idea of an apple wine. I have plenty of WGJ but I'm not sure what proportions to use. I want to make a 20 ltr batch. 
Any suggestions are welcome.

I have made 5 gallons (22.5 Litres) before and used 5 litres of each juice, i only use 1 litre of each in a DJ and it tastes fine so its just multiplied by 5.

Supermarket Juice Wine Recipes and Wurzels Orange Wine (WOW) here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57
Chippy_Tea
Brewer