Beaverdale White Burgundy

Made a great kit, tell us about it, made something not so great from a kit, warn the rest of us.

Beaverdale White Burgundy

Postby Kermie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 15:10

This is the first white wine kit I have made so I am hoping it is as good as the red kits I've tried so far. It started bubbling less than an hour after adding the yeast. It looks a tad low in the DJ and when I make it to the 4.6 litres that is recommended it never makes 6 bottles so I am tempted to add just a little bit more water to make sure I get 6 bottles. Would this dilute the kit too much and should I just keep it as it is and get 5 good bottles and just drink the other half bottle straight away?
Kermie
Brewer

Re: Beaverdale White Burgundy

Postby robwalker » Sat Apr 04, 2015 23:43

Thats what i do! 5 bottles and a large glass for sampling. Really it's one of the best parts of 1 gallon brewing.
robwalker
Brewer

Postby Kermie » Fri Oct 16, 2015 08:46

This was very nice after 4 months, only 1 bottle left so we are leaving it to mature for a few months to see if it improves more.
Kermie
Brewer

Postby MrBoy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 09:58

It is a shame that a 6 bottle kit doesn't actually make 6 bottles. Unless you want one bottle full of sludge or can be bothered to be VERY patient getting every last drop out ;)
MrBoy
Brewer