Kenridge Classic Cabernet Shiraz

Made a great kit, tell us about it, made something not so great from a kit, warn the rest of us.

Postby Kermie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 09:14

I made this 30 bottle kit with high expectations and bottled on 01/11/2014. I know that it says to mature for 6 months plus but thought that I would try a bottle this week so 3 months after bottling we cracked it open. We were both disappointed and my other half even refused a second glass (something almost unheard of in our household). Too much vanilla, and really not as good as I would have hoped for and certainly not as good as some of the 6 bottle kits after the same time period.

Has anyone else tried this kit? Will it get better or have I got 28 bottles of wine I will need to force down? :pray:
Kermie
Brewer

Re: Kenridge Classic Cabernet Shiraz

Postby ross » Mon Feb 02, 2015 23:00

Kit makers always seem to be rather optimistic with their timing.

Give it another couple of months, its amazing how much wines change with age.
ross
Brewer

Postby Kermie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 13:50

Thanks, I will try and forget about them for at least another 3 months before opening another bottle.
Kermie
Brewer

Postby Kermie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 16:48

Relief and Joy! We just tried this again today and it is much improved! It is now a very nice wine!! The vanilla has mellowed and does not overpower the wine. Our only problem is how to store it in my flat over the warm summer...
Kermie
Brewer

Postby Kermie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:15

Several months later - this is a very nice wine! Will make again. The initial overpowering vanilla flavour has mellowed and we both preferred it to a bottle of "shop" wine we picked up with a well known meal deal recently.
Kermie
Brewer