Help!!

Discussions of interest about making wine, cider and other fermented beverages

Help!!

Postby krazypara3165 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 15:40

Loosing the will to live today......

Decided to do a brewday and whilst im at it ive decided to do the red wine kit for the wedding. just poured the grapejuice into a carboy but accidentally handed sarah the potassium metabisulphite instead of the bentonite......

Can i still put the yeast in or is this now very expensive grape juice?

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Re: Help!!

Postby GrowlingDog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 16:50

Not sure how well the yeast will multiply now you've removed all the oxygen. Can you reoxygenate the juice, will that work. I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GrowlingDog
Admin

Re: Help!!

Postby krazypara3165 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 16:54

Im going to keep stirring every few hours and leave it a day or two before adding the yeast. im kicking myself as this is a £70 kit!

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink