Access to a old english apple Orchard.

Discussions of interest about making wine, cider and other fermented beverages

Re: Access to a old english apple Orchard.

Postby Crastney » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:25

Correct! give that MrBoy a banana!

Global average carbon emissions - one ton per person per year.
Current emissions in UK – 9 tons per person per year!
Eight million tons of plastic dumped into the oceans. Every year!
Crastney
Brewer

Postby Buster » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:48

Any update on this, time has flown by.

"Where are you from" asked the man....."Swindon" I replied......"What part" he said...."Well, all of me" I replied.
Buster
Brewer

Postby Buster » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:07

Shame there is no update, I would of liked to have known how the Cider turned out. I still have plenty of Old Rosie Cider yeast that I cultivated in the fridge if anyone wants any for this year, let me know.

"Where are you from" asked the man....."Swindon" I replied......"What part" he said...."Well, all of me" I replied.
Buster
Brewer

Postby HTH1975 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 13:14

Buster wrote:Shame there is no update, I would of liked to have known how the Cider turned out. I still have plenty of Old Rosie Cider yeast that I cultivated in the fridge if anyone wants any for this year, let me know.

I'd love to try some of that yeast. The batches I did in Nov/Dec used Saf-04, Saf-05 and two 'wild' fermented ones where I left them for a few days to let the yeast kick in from the skins.

2016: 330L brewed (72 gallons, over 8 firkins)
2017: 65L brewed
Drinking: 70 Shilling (3.5%)
Conditioning: choc-coffee oatmeal wheat stout, various ciders, cherry 'brett' brown ale, imperial Pilsner.
Fermenting: Bock (6.5%)
HTH1975
Brewer

Postby Cider-Sim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 20:38

Hi Guys all my times gone into germinating chilli seeds and getting plants ready for the season, the true cider apple trees have all settled well over winter and a couple are getting new buds .
The cider i brewed from the apple orchard is still ageing nicely and none will be opened until the end of summer , all the bottles have cleared nicely and look fantastic but im not going to be tempted.
A couple of trial bottles will go to John ( buster ) as he helped me on my way with some old rosie yeast starter .

Avoid hangovers stay drunk ! :drunk:
Cider-Sim
Brewer

Postby Buster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50

Cider-Sim wrote:Hi Guys all my times gone into germinating chilli seeds and getting plants ready for the season, the true cider apple trees have all settled well over winter and a couple are getting new buds .
The cider i brewed from the apple orchard is still ageing nicely and none will be opened until the end of summer , all the bottles have cleared nicely and look fantastic but im not going to be tempted.
A couple of trial bottles will go to John ( buster ) as he helped me on my way with some old rosie yeast starter .

Thats great news, I am glad the cider is maturing and all has gone well. Good luck with the new orchard and best wishes for this year. :hat:

Buster
Brewer

Postby Buster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:51

HTH1975 wrote:
Buster wrote:Shame there is no update, I would of liked to have known how the Cider turned out. I still have plenty of Old Rosie Cider yeast that I cultivated in the fridge if anyone wants any for this year, let me know.

I'd love to try some of that yeast. The batches I did in Nov/Dec used Saf-04, Saf-05 and two 'wild' fermented ones where I left them for a few days to let the yeast kick in from the skins.

You are more than welcome to some, drop me a PM with your address and I will get some up to you. All the best Buster :hat:

Buster
Brewer

Previous