first of the offering to the homebrew festival!

Making wine, cider or something interesting, show us how you did it here.

first of the offering to the homebrew festival!

Postby krazypara3165 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 21:12

Wine forums been quiet as of late, and ttheres not much pledged for the festival so I thought I'd do a batch :)

Been meaning to do a 25l batch of this for a while. It's a cranberry and raspberry rose. Made a gallon last year and it was bloody delicious!! Made a miscalculation as I need another 5l of cranberry and raspberry but I'll add that when it needs topping up. I'll sweeten various DJ's to dry medium and sweet so there are bit of variety at the festival :)

Recipe is simple.

5l sainsburys pressed red grape juice
10l sainsbury cranberry and raspberry
ANd 4.2kg sugar

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink

Re: first of the offering to the homebrew festival!

Postby Dennis King » Tue Mar 03, 2015 22:39

Are you going to enter into the wine competition.
Dennis King

Re: first of the offering to the homebrew festival!

Postby krazypara3165 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 23:49

Possibly, I'll be entering some beers so may as well. Thinking it maybe a bit too young Though.

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink