Adventurous attempt

Making wine, cider or something interesting, show us how you did it here.

Adventurous attempt

Postby JhnMcK » Fri Dec 19, 2014 17:55

Decided to crack on with another WOW. Bought some Mango juice, which turns out to be a thick Mango juice, but I could find any WGJ so I thought I'd try it with RGJ instead. Threw in the usual pectolase, citric acid, tannin (which for the first time ever clumped together, worryingly), yeast nutrient and sugar. Not sure how it'll turn out. Just thought that it could be an interesting wine to attempt and a relatively low cost so it's a good little experiment. It could turn out to be a recipe for disaster, but there's only one way to find out :D
JhnMcK
Brewer

Re: Adventurous attempt

Postby robwalker » Fri Dec 19, 2014 17:56

tannin will be fine. in full fruit brewing it's only extracted from skins anyway, and the solids are discarded. sounds like it'll be nice!
robwalker
Brewer

Re: Adventurous attempt

Postby Gunnar » Sun Jun 07, 2015 18:58

Reviving an old thread, my apologies. I just finished racking a straight mango juice WOW and the amount of sediment it drops, and the way it stays in solution, I would not try it again really soon ;) I had to strain it through cheese cloth which took ages. Used finings to finish it off so I can bottle this and use the demijohns form something more predictable :)
Gunnar
Brewer