Easy white and a pomegranate t-bag wine

Making wine, cider or something interesting, show us how you did it here.

Easy white and a pomegranate t-bag wine

Postby linf » Fri Apr 25, 2014 20:04

A big thanks to all the recipies and links to recipies from the people on here.
I've just done two gallon of wine,
One is an easy white with white grape juice,apple juice and pineapple.All the other stuff like a cup of tea,yeast,sugar,glycerine etc.
The other is a pomegranate t-bag infusion with red grape juice,they both smell delicious already.
I hope they turn out ok as the cost is minimal compared to a kit.I hope to get a couple more on the go and build up my stash.
linf
Brewer

Re: Easy white and a pomegranate t-bag wine

Postby Chippy_Tea » Fri Apr 25, 2014 20:21

i haven't tried a tea bag wine yet but must give it a go when i have a spare DJ.

Supermarket Juice Wine Recipes and Wurzels Orange Wine (WOW) here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57
Chippy_Tea
Brewer

Postby MattN » Fri Apr 25, 2014 20:24

I have done both of these. The first one was ok, but the pineapple was a bit overpowering for me, but if you're a pineapple fan, happy days!
The second was my first T-bag wine and I couldn't believe how nice it was. I made it pretty much the same as you did and loved it. I couldn't find RGJ anywhere just before Christmas and made it with WGJ and this is how I now do it all the time.

I have got 20ltrs on the go at the moment.

Great stuff

Matt
MattN
Brewer

Postby Chippy_Tea » Fri Apr 25, 2014 21:00

I am not a pineapple fan but have made easy white and easy red (if there is such a thing) the easy white was a litre of WGJ and a litre of Apple juice, the easy red was a litre of RGJ and a litre of apple juice.

Supermarket Juice Wine Recipes and Wurzels Orange Wine (WOW) here - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57
Chippy_Tea
Brewer

Postby MattN » Fri Apr 25, 2014 22:40

The wine number one (easy white) is one litre of WGJ and the easy red is two litres of RGJ. My preference is now 1.5 litres of WGJ per five litres with .75 litres of AJ plus flavours whether it be T-bags or juices.
MattN
Brewer

Postby linf » Fri Apr 25, 2014 23:54

Chippy_Tea wrote:I am not a pineapple fan but have made easy white and easy red (if there is such a thing) the easy white was a litre of WGJ and a litre of Apple juice, the easy red was a litre of RGJ and a litre of apple juice.

There seems to be such great variation on these recipies,which is great.
The one i tried to follow was 1lt wgj
500ml aj
500ml pineapple j
leaving me with 500ml each of aj and pj to make another batch with some more wgj.
My only problem now is that i have seen so many tasty looking recipies but only have so many airlocks and 5lt pet bottles.I think when i find one i really like i will go for a big 5 gal batch
linf
Brewer

Postby linf » Sat Apr 26, 2014 00:05

Whilst last in lidl and asda i got some rgj ,some cherry juice and a box of cranberry & orange t-bags .
I will look at some more recipies on here and base my next two batches around these flavours.
I am also researching which type of oak chips to get for a white wine and have been thinking of making an elderflower champagne.
So many ideas and so litlle time :roll:
linf
Brewer

Postby linf » Sat Apr 26, 2014 23:45

Interesting fermentation on these two.
Initially both formed a bit of a froth and began bubbling away nicely.After two days the white is trying to escape via the airlock and is doing the old lava lamp routine with bits bobbing about in it.
The t-bag red is fizzing like crazy,like a freshly poured cola or something.You can actually hear it fizzing but there's no froth or foam.
A quick clean up for the airlock on the white and leave them to get on with it.
linf
Brewer

Postby MattN » Sat May 03, 2014 22:01

I have bottled this tonight and it is lovely. I put some French Oak Chips (16g) in as well and the subtle change makes it even better for my taste.

Matt
MattN
Brewer

Postby linf » Sat May 03, 2014 22:48

MattN wrote:I have bottled this tonight and it is lovely. I put some French Oak Chips (16g) in as well and the subtle change makes it even better for my taste.

Matt

I was intending to put some french oak chips in these wines but i didn't get any in time.I will use them in my next wow as i was very pleased with the results of using them in some kit wines i made.
linf
Brewer

Postby Quensabob » Sun May 04, 2014 07:19

I am tempted to do a pineapple wow as i love pineapple ,as soon as I bottle my white grape and apple on Wednesday I have a red grape and strawberry and mango teabag wine to do first though!
Quensabob
Brewer