Busy Weekend

Making wine, cider or something interesting, show us how you did it here.

Busy Weekend

Postby Brewtrog » Sun Sep 17, 2017 19:39

My uncle co-owns a bit of land which has a bunch of stuff growing on it. Went down yesterday and collected 27 kilos of apples, 6 kilos of rhubarb and 1.5 kilos of damsons. After spending most of yesterday and all of today chopping, pressing and otherwise messing, I am at capacity in my fvs and wondering if I'll have enough demijohns to fit it all in. Should end up with at least 8 gallons of various stuff and a very good night's sleep.
It total I have
2 gallons rhubarb (two different recipes)
1 gallon damson chianti
1 gallon cyser (apple mead)
1 gallon sort of cider
at least 2 gallons apple wine
Brewtrog
Brewer

Re: Busy Weekend

Postby Brewtrog » Sun Sep 17, 2017 19:39

oh, and 1 gallon of apple sherry
Brewtrog
Brewer

Postby Springer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 20:43

Tis the season of harvesting, I am fed up with slicing beans, :lol: good luck with the fermentation's.
I have plenty of rhubarb, can't get Mrs. S to make a crumble, she says it will only make me fat. :hmm: She stewed up the last lot, said I can have it with yogurt for breakfast, sooner have a crumble for dinner. :) Could have a go at some rhubarb wine myself. :hmm:
S

It's a dog life :D
Springer
Brewer

Postby Brewtrog » Sun Sep 17, 2017 21:38

Rhubarb wine is good stuff if my run of it last time is anything to go by. I've got one gallon going to the recipe in First Steps as well as a gallon using a recipe from 130 New Winemaking Recipes (also CJJB) which calls for 450g malt extract, should be interesting.
Brewtrog
Brewer