Re: Fermentasaurus

Postby Rolfster » Wed Oct 04, 2017 07:46

Looks great! Thanks for the update...... I still want a few, but I'm not going to get any!
Rolfster
Brewer

Postby ockelford » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:23

Thanks!

I'm very interested in this. Of course, I may add my own experience to this, my first (probably in a month now, will be a Belgian Wit, with camomile flowers, coriander and curacao orange peel, so I'm curious to see how this pans out. Not sure if the camomile flowers will cause an issue in with the float / outlet system.

R
ockelford
Brewer

Postby beer buddah » Wed Oct 04, 2017 13:15

You might want one of those stainless Hop balls to pack flowers into!
If you can add to this thread that would great. Keep it all on one place and more opinions better than one.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
beer buddah
Brewer

Postby ockelford » Tue Dec 19, 2017 21:26

OK! I have a brew on. Beglian wit, basically a Hoegaarden clone, with 3 temp mash and curacao orange peel, camomile and coriander seed.

I dumped the whole boiler into it, then dumped the trub from the bottle, and replaced with a 1L sodastream bottle.

After 12 hours:

lovelykrausen.jpg
lovelykrausen.jpg (82.41 KiB) Viewed 223 times

But then I realised that I'd left the valve closed at the base, so opened it, and look what happened!

oops.jpg
oops.jpg (122.65 KiB) Viewed 223 times

So the lesson is to avoid stupid mistakes! Its been in a week, and the WLP400 isn't really dropping that fast, I think there may be a problem with filling the 1L bottle, but who knows, it may fill up fast!

Anyway, so far, taking samples, watching it brew and keeping oxygen out has been fantastic, I think its probably one of the best things you could nivest in, its a very nice toy, and the beer really should benefit, I think.

R
ockelford
Brewer

Postby f00b4r » Tue Dec 19, 2017 23:00

Just ordered one of these and was thinking about using a sodastream bottle, looks like you need to have a hole in the support to allow enough space to go this route then?
f00b4r
Brewer

Postby ockelford » Wed Dec 20, 2017 09:06

f00b4r wrote:Just ordered one of these and was thinking about using a sodastream bottle, looks like you need to have a hole in the support to allow enough space to go this route then?

Yeah, it goes "through the floor", so just happens to be fortunate that my setup accommodates it.

Overall experience with this is so far very good, and reports from others is that it really does benefiot beer flavour.

R
ockelford
Brewer

Previous