Maxi 210 help needed please

Postby Driller66 » Wed May 09, 2018 14:46

Hi all. I have a maxi 210 that worked fine up until Saturday. I usually turn it on an hour before I need it and it does the job ok. I’m running a bitter and a lager through it but it’s started to play up.
It runs for about 10 minutes then switches off, it used to to run for much longer and kick in and off every so often when it needed to.
I took the re-circ pipe off and nothing came out. Does this mean the pumps knackered?
Is th pump tha same as the agitator?
I’m new to this so not sure where to start to try and fix it. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Driller66
Brewer

Re: Maxi 210 help needed please

Postby krazypara3165 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:21

is it building up an ice bank? (should be able to check by looking into the fill hole)

If it is, and its just an issue with the recirc pump then that can be replaced. Rather than like for like, i replaced mine with an aquarium pump that served it well for two years.

Kegged:
Simecoe APA (HBF Donation)

Bottled:
Galaxy Pale Ale, Woodfordes Wherry, Bella Brew Pale Ale, Strawberry and vanilla Pale Ale, Mixed fruits cider, Elderflower and grapefruit fizz.

Maturing:
Rhubarb Wine, WOW rose', Elderberry wine, Mixed berries wine, Elderflower and grapefruit wine, Elderberry wine.

Next Up:
German Pilsner, Guinness Clone, Chateau De Roi selection kit, Strawberry and lime cider.
krazypara3165
The Weakest Drink