Update! Now have a ring-main installed in the brewery with 8 double-sockets (probably still won’t be enough) and a six-foot fluorescent light. At last I can see in there when its' dark and MY does that light reflect off the white walls wonderfully! Just the sink unit and water to be fitted and then I can start re-testing the equipment in-situ (at last). I've also installed a webcam for security (records to a server during silent hours) and I intend to stream BrewDays when I can. I'll let you know passwords and stuff later.
Here is a snapshot taken from the webcam. This is not the final layout (I've got to move stuff again to install the plumbing); the copper will be at the far-end (so I can use trunking to let the steam out of the double-doors). The boxes on the lower shelf will be going and will be replaced with two 100l fermenting vessels and the cooler (currently on the top shelf) will join them to keep the ale at the right temperature during the ferment.
Eventually (hopefully?) next year I will be building a control panel (using The Electric Brewery http://theelectricbrewery.com/
specs) and it is hoped to be able to fix it to the wall where the light switch currently is.
More details, and photos, when the plumbing is installed!01-12-2013
Apologies to all as I've let this topic slip a bit as the brewery-build has slowed-up and I'm still waiting to get a few things in-place (but we're getting there).
Since the electrics have gone in I've been doing a bit more work in the brewery at night...amazing what can be achieved when you have illumination
Today I be mostly fitting a 'solar-pump-in-a-box' to the wall near the HLT. This will be my recirc pump and will also double for sparging via my (new) perspex-lidded MT; thanks for the inspiration BarnsleyBrewer
I've also decided that, as I'd prefer to boil all my wort for each 18 gallon brew (rather than have to boil part of it then liquor-back to achieve the gravity required) I'll be needing a bigger copper. I managed to sell some collectible Italian cycle parts and the £200 I got for them will be going towards a 200L pot from MrLard at http://www.homebrewbuilder.co.uk
. When I get my hands on the new copper I'll insulate it and get it put in-place on the table ready for a test brew.
Here is the latest web-cam snap-shot taken today. The current copper (at the far end of the table) will be moved to the lower-deck and will, probably, become FV3. Will keep you posted as to any other developments when they happen.